Tuesday, July 2, 2013

New beginning

You finished first grade with dazzling colors my boy. Your favorite teacher Mrs. V happens to be my favorite teacher by far. She wrote following letter to all the first grade parents which brought me to tears..lucky to have you in my life..

Dear Parents,
I give you back your child, the same child you confidently entrusted to my care last fall. I give him back pounds heavier, months wiser, more responsible and more mature than he was then.
Although he would have attained his growth inspite of me, it has been my pleasure and privilege to watch his personality unfold day by day. I give him back recluctantly, for having spent nine months together in the narrow confines of a crwoded classroom, we have grown closer, have become a part of each other, and we shall always retain a little of each other.
Ten years from now if we met on the street, your child and I, a light will shine to our eyes, a smile to our face, and we shall feel the bond of understanding once more, this bond we feel today.
We have lived, loved, laughed, played, studied, learned, and enriched our lives together this year. I wish it could go on indefinitely, but give him back I must. Take care of him, for he is precious.
Remember that I shall always be interested in your child and his destiny, wherever he goes, whatever he does, whoever he becomes. His joys and sorrows I'll always be happy to share.
You teacher, Mrs. V

No comments:

Post a Comment