Monday, July 29, 2013

Dharma Calling....

Dear J

I read a book to you yesterday. It is written by Deepak Chopra. It is about finding love and your passion in your life which will lead us to happiness. You seem to grow quieter as I read first couple of pages with your sleepy eyes fixated on my face. For some time I did not know whether you are listening or understanding or liking anything at all. Then suddenly you sighed and said "This is a good book mommy". It was hard to hide my happiness from you. I smiled...my boy loves the books I love..As we moved forward, you asked me a lot of questions and seemed puzzled at some of the things I read. You wanted to accept it all, but it was hard. I could sense it. But let me tell you something, it was the same for me. That book for meant for kids your age, but your mom found it profoundly difficult and moving. Deepak Chopra mentiones that it is important to find your passion in life. Your calling. Your talent. Your Dharma - as he called it. And let me tell you something, I am still finding it. I told you that. You quickly told me your talent is to whistle. You are happiest when you are whistling. I totally agree. You seem to get it. May be you can teach me all this..passion, talent, acceptance and happiness..you are all that personified for as long as I can remember..you are my teacher..

No comments:

Post a Comment