Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pat me one more last time..



Little miss. Jojo was so sleepy. She lay in her bed waiting for her mom to finish the chores.She could see mom working in the kitchen. Mom seemed tired. She was still working very fast. Jojo wanted her to work faster so she can sit with her. She screamed "How much more time mom?".Mom replied "I only have two hands. I am trying." Moms face softened a bit immediately. She put the dishes away and walked towards her. Her eyes seem fixated on Jojo's face. She came and said in the softest voice ever "dishes will wait my dear..I will give you bath now. I love you" Jojo's face lit up..She followed mommy in the bathroom. It was getting late and Jojo wanted a bubble bath. Mom said No. Jojo hated Nos. It's friday afterall. Why can’t I? Mom said tomorrow. Jojo knew mom would not budge. She started crying. She could feel her warm tears trickle down on her face. Mom was watching her from the corner of her eyes and she suddenly turned and said "Okay then. Bubble bath it is. But only for five more minutes" Jojo knew mom says five for a reason. Nice warm bath...hmmmm.....a trip to the heaven and then...back again..it was time to read books..Mom reads three books. Mommy is good at reading. After the third book, Jojo always says "one more? last one?" Then mommy says "Then what Jojo? What will happen after that?" Jojo said with a cute little grin "that’s the last last one mommy". She put her tiny hands on mom's cheeks and kissed her and whispered "you are the bestest mommy, mommy. I love you."Mommy smiled. Her eyes looked tired. She read another book. Jojo yawned. Mommy tucked her in and hugged her tight. Mommy had the softest voice of all. She brushed her cheek against Jojo’s cheeks and patted her back until Jojo drifted off to sleep.

Deep down in the jungle it was kind of scary. The sun was setting. She could hear strange sounds coming from a distance. Could it be a lion? May be there is s snake on the tree under which I am standing. I need to run for my life. But only if I knew which direction I should take..Mom..mom..I wish I had listened to  her..Mom..can you find me? I will never ever ask for bubble baths or one more book or cry for you when I know you are busy..I will be your best friend..just this one time, can you find me?

Magic happens when you wish for something that badly. She could feel mom's hand on her back.The warmest ever feeling settled in her heart. Mom's hand was rough. But it was all Jojo needed to come out of the woods..Back in her mom's arms Jojo said to herself "I know hearts pump blood, but my mom's heart pumps flowers. Tiny shiny bright colorful flowers..I love you mom..just one last one more time, can you pat me? the last last time for today, can you pat me?"


No comments:

Post a Comment